What is Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
ADHD stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. ADHD used to be known as attention deficit disorder, or ADD. In 1994, it was renamed ADHD. The term ADD is sometimes still used, though, to describe a type of ADHD that doesn't involve hyperactivity in teens. ADHD is a medical condition that affects how well an adolescent can sit still, focus, and pay attention. Teens with ADHD have differences in the parts of their brains that control attention and activity. This means that they may have trouble focusing on certain tasks and subjects, or they may seem "wired," act impulsively, and get into trouble. Although ADHD (boardingschools-troubledteens) begins in childhood, sometimes it's not diagnosed until a person is a teen — and occasionally not even until someone reaches adulthood. Because ADHD is a broad category covering different things — attention, activity, and impulsivity — it can show up in different ways in different trouble teens.
Signs and Symptoms of ADHD
By examining ADHD Symptoms that your troubled teen may be experiencing, it becomes easier for our Therapists to determine what Treatment Plan will work for your teen. If you think your troubled teen may have ADHD and have not taken he/she to get diagnosed, here are a few signs that you need to watch for:
* Fidgets with Hands and Feet or squirms in seat
* Difficulty paying attention or staying focused on a task or activity
* Has problems finishing assignments at school or home and jumps from one activity to another
* Being easily distracted by extraneous stimuli
* Shifting from one incomplete task to another
* Problems paying close attention to details or makes careless mistakes
* Talks excessively and has trouble engaging in activities quietly
* Blurts out answers before questions have been completed
* Engaging in physically dangerous activities without considering possible consequences
* Interrupting or intruding on others
* Rarely follows instructions carefully and completely
These are just a few signs that your teen may have ADHD. We offer a therpaeutic approach to treating your teen for ADHD. Each adolescent that is enrolled that has been diagnosed with ADHD will sit with our therapist on a weekly basis and be taught how to deal with this disorder through mental strengths so that medication alone is not the only answer.
Finding The Right Boarding School for a Teen With ADHD
Remember, not all treatment centers and boarding schools are the same. Many don't provide adequate ADHD and ADD counseling, though they may claim they do. We have researched several Treatment Centers across the usa that claim to Address ADHD in depth, but they have proven to not be the best at what they say they are. Remember, this is your child, why pay for a Therapeutic Environment when its not actually benefiting your teen. Contact us. We can help you sift through the schools to find the best possible options for your teen. Its not easy to send your teen away, but we can promise you that its a life saving experience. When its all said and done your boy or ADHD Girl will thank you for making the call to get him/her the help they needed at that stage in their life. Call us today at (866) 698-3362 or (866) MY-TEEN2. Our specialists are always available so don's hesitate to call.
HELP YOUR TROUBLED TEEN TODAY!